Happy THREE Years Together!
Can you believe 3 years has passed by already?
It feels like yesterday I was the front desk girl at Mavericks gym and I saw Jeff working out, and I thought to myself, "Isn't he a cutie!!" I took a long shot and asked him out on a date, to my surprise he said yes and we've been together ever since.
I asked Jeff to drive into Santa Barbara (where I lived at the time) so I could cook him dinner. I remember him asking if he could bring anything.. Being a complete dork, I asked him to bring a pineapple, as a joke! He of course showed up early with a pineapple in one hand and PJ's in the other! We ate dinner, watched a movie, played "Sorry"
(Which by the way he completely kicked my butt! Which is impressive because "Sorry" Is my game...ask anyone! I never loose..until Jeff came around.)
I remember at the end of the night he was a gentleman and said goodnight.
The next afternoon Jeff and I spent some time together at the beach, talking and getting to know one another better. We discovered that we both share a love for the Dodgers and decided it would be a lot of fun to head to a game! The next evening we went to our first of many Dodger games! (We've been to A LOT!!)
The moment we arrived until the time we drove back into Ventura was completely A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! We got lucky everywhere we went! The game was free, we got lost going home, but strangely found a highway which connected us to the restaurant we wanted to eat at, which also gave us free milkshakes and Dodger stuff! (The entire night rocked!) My favorite moment of the entire evening was our first KISS! Jeff asked an usher to take our photograph and right as he took the picture, Jeff Kissed me for the first time...So, I have our first kiss on film. :-) After that...we've been inseparable!
The picture below is a pure example of why I love him as much as I do. Glancing at him for even a short moment, my heart feels at peace. His beautiful smile (He'll argue me on that one) and loving eyes are enough for me to be completely joyful. I enjoy how relaxed he is about life and how he takes things one step at a time. He tries to enjoy each moment for what it is with as little effort as possible. He reminds me daily that it's OK to slow down, relax and enjoy the simplicity that each day has to offer.
Our tent was to the right of us and behind us is the beautiful view we were blessed to enjoy; each morning, afternoon and evening together!
1 comment:
Heather, You are the most awesome person I have met in A LONG TIME! You are such an amazing person and Im so greatful and lucky to have met you :) I know I have said that many times, but it's true!!
Post a Comment